Monday, January 31, 2011

FOTD: March 26th, 2010 - YouTube Mimicry!


Ah, yes, my first attempt at a FOTD after obsessively watching COUNTLESS YouTube tutorials online for hours on end. I watched everything from the ever so famous Pixiwoo sisters to every newbie YouTuber I could find with new talent to offer. My favorite discovery came by the name of MakeupByEman, a Canadian makeup artist. I used practically almost the same exact eyeshadow products she used in her "Bronzy Smokey Eye" video, and this was the result. Here are the products I used:


MAC: [unless otherwise noted]

Eyeshadows:

Shroom [highlight]
Embark [crease]
Carbon [outer V]
Woodwinked [lid]
Tempting [center of lid]

Eyebrows: Embark + Typographic

Contour: Harmony, Blush: Dollymix, Highlight: Shroom e/s

Liner: Fluidline "Blacktrack"


Foundation: Makeup Forever's HD foundation: 123, HD Microfinish powder.

Gloss: Say Yes to Carrots... Pink [I fogot the name]

Brushes used: Ecotools angled brush [Brows], MAC: 217, 224, 219, 239, 263 [eyes] 109 [contour] 129 [blush], Sonia Kashuk flat blush brush [highlight], Sephora #55 airbrush, Ecotools powder brush [foundation]

At this point in time, I probably had been a part of my makeup obsession for a good year, and this was the progress I had made on my own. Not bad for a first-timer at mimicry.

The only thing missing was false lashes - only because I did not know how to apply them and I had a terrible experience one New Year's Eve when a friend applied them for me, but glued my lashes shut [top and bottom]... so I was still scared to even try at this point in time.

Here's where you can find the tutorial for this look, and done better by Eman herself: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yogcyPwoSM

And here's where you can find the list of products she used to compare and contrast w/ what I used:
http://www.emanmakeup.blogspot.com/

This was the very first example of my confidence building with my makeup skills. Enough so that I entered it into her contest. I did not win, but it was still a huge leap from being too shy to try. =D

http://www.youtube.com/user/makeupbyeman#p/search/3/g6gS0IpidDw


My photo above appears at 1:39 in the video. Ah... memories. =)

No comments: